Monday, September 26, 2011

226 Days



I disappeared.

 The last time I was here I had just made a little black cotton summer dress in 3 hours and I was so super proud of myself I wore it out on a date with a boy. I was secretly proud that I could whip up a dress suitable for a date on a nice, twilight evening in the city. Meanwhile The Boy was laughing at me on the inside as he took me bowling in said dress which required me to wear socks and the chunkiest skater style bowling shoes I’ve ever seen. Awesome.

Co-incidentally meeting said boy and stopping sewing and blogging went hand in hand. The more I hung out with him the more I wanted to hang out with him and suddenly I was spending all my time with him and zero with my sewing machine and my giant stash of fabric.

So what’s happened in the last 226 days? We dated, we fell in love, we moved in together, I got a whole year older and suddenly now that we we have our own space together I have time to sew again. Not to mention the second bedroom is dedicated to all my sewing stuff - a whole room!

So here I am back in the sewing world. This is my very first maxi dress and is a sign of the many, many dresses I anticipate making for spring and summer.

226 days may have passed but I promise you, I’m back for keeps. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment