Friday, October 14, 2011

Love Lace Exhibition



I went to the Love Lace Exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum on Wednesday and it was just amazing. So much talent and inspiration all in the one room. There was just so much detail in every piece.

The thing that struck me the most was the repetitive theme of playing with negative space to create patterns. Also with some of the more conceptual work it spoke about the interconnectedness of society and human experience and at the same time the fragility of it all. Needless to say I gawked at every detail on every piece, read every placard and soaked it all up for future inspiration.

Below are some of my favourite pieces (and there are a lot, sorry!).  I can't do justice to the pieces below by naming them, their concepts and their blurbs for the piece in my own words. So I'll simply show you some photos and let you look for yourself.











1 comment:

  1. This is spectacular! Wish we had some amazing exhibitions like this in New Zealand... just gorgeous! Makes me want to run off and buy lace and make gorgeous things!

    ReplyDelete