Sunday, October 16, 2011

Maxi Dress


First of all I need to say that Pinterest is slowing taking over my life. I mean I've spent lots of time on the internet before wandering through sewing blogs and all kinds of sites but never have I come across a site that is just such a timesuck! (in a good way!).

Anyway, so this brings me to finding this great tutorial here via this pin on Pinterest. Which funnily enough came from an original tutorial on this blog. So this idea has been kicking about on the internet for a while now and I thought it was time I actually joined the bandwagon and made one of these simple dresses.

I think I ended up making mine sit a little lower than both of these tutorials. Not sure what would have been more flattering but I'm pretty happy with mine. So if you're thinking of making one for yourself the first tutorial will show you how to do the whole process with elasticated thread (which my machine refuses to talk to/listen to/work things out with at all). So I opted for the original tutorial which is the second one I've linked to as it just required a regular straight stitch with regular thread (hooray!). Also I opted not to finish the jersey around the neckline and armholes. Mostly because I was feeling lazy. I'll let you know if it turns into a hideous mess after washing it.

And there you have it. I have yet another blue piece in my wardrobe. Pin It

1 comment: