Sunday, December 11, 2011

Piperlime.com Knockoff Dress



Here it is! The dress I've been working on all week.


I found this dress on Piperlime.com and thought it looked simple enough to replicate with the right pattern. So if you haven't noticed already it's the same free pattern from Burdastyle that I made my last dress with. I added a false placket with a ruffle around it as well as a ruffle around the top part of the bust piece before finishing it all off with self made bias tape. I also got fancy and added adjustable straps! I was going to use plain little blue buttons but once upon a time I got a bit impulsive and bought 400 buttons in one transaction. So it was time to bust some out on this dress.


I had a bit of a photo opportunity against this awesome artwork that just happens to be in a little sidestreet in my suburb. It's by an Aussie artist called Beastman who has some great murals you should check out.



Apart from a bit of trouble with the zipper and sewing the placket on wonky (did you notice??) I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress and such a good colour on you! Did I notice the wonky placket? Nope - not at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, great work!
    And amazing backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! So awesome that you didn't notice the wonky placket Juliet. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, dress, background, YOU! Didn't notice a skerrick of wonkyness.
    Wish I'd thought of your blog title ... LOVE IT :~)
    Thanks for finding Stash & Treasure too. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice :) I'm not much of a dress person, maybe i can make it into a tank top?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress and you did a wonderful job on it. No wonkiness noted. The dress is so pretty on you that no one will ever notice a thing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH. mMY. goodness. this is amazing! great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! It made it's proper debut on Christmas Day which was really hot and sunny here. @TooMuchTime I had the same thought! The bodice of this dress would make a great foundation for a top and you could add a shorter gathered or pintucked piece around the bottom so it skims the top of jeans/skirts etc. I feel another project coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dress!! I love the color

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! The length is perfect and it's so flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dress. just love the design and color as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are too adorable! I love the royal blue of this dress. It's so cute! I commented earlier on your post about the Burda Style dress, where you gave a link to the pattern you used. I mentioned fabric I'd been keeping to use when I found the perfect pattern & then I couldn't get the pattern to show up on the Burda Style download. This one is just as adorable though! Did you use a particular pattern? It so happens that the top part of the dress I'd wanted to make with that Burda pattern is a very close royal blue like this. This is so lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete