Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fun with fabric Sharpies!


So I'm still a little addicted to Pinterest. I pin and pin and pin and somewhere in the midst of all the pinning a thought wanders through my head that I should probably actually try some of the sewing projects I'm pinning. Generally my time on Pinterest is so awesome I ignore this little nagging voice but recently it won and suddenly I was on ebay with my cursor hovering over the Buy It Now button on a listing for Stained Fabric Sharpies. And what a fabuluous impulse buy that was!


Here they are in all their glory.


And this is what they look like when painted/drawn onto plain white cotton fabric. I say painted/drawn because although they're sharpies they actually have a brush tip as if you're painting with them.

So, honouring that little nagging voice in my head, I went back and picked some pictures and projects from my boards that had inspired me to buy these.


   
                                                Source: designformankind.com via Scared on Pinterest

                                                                            Source: ambrosiagirl.com via Scared on Pinterest


                                                                                  Source: livlig-online.com via Scared on Pinterest



                                                           Source: lebestiaire-paris.blogspot.com.au via Scared on Pinterest

So with some white cotton fabric, these pictures and my sharpies I set myself to drawing.






So there you have it, my fun with fabric Sharpies! I hope to make something with them really soon!

11 comments:

  1. Wow Some of these are really brilliant! The feathers you drew look really nice too! Can't wait to see what you make!
    I think I may have to try this too not sure if my dylon fabric pens as as good as these though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I think I like the feathers best. I was thinking of a plain white tee with feathers around the neckline. I'll add it to my list of things to make!

      Delete
  2. Those are so cool! Now I want some. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I immediately emailed my mom about these and she in turn immediately ordered us two set, haha! They look like so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG these are so freakin awesome! Gotta get me a set pronto, love your inspiration pics and your drawing as well, is that going to be a tank top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I concur. They are freakin awesome! And here's where you find out what kind of blogger I am. I actually cut out small rectangles around A4 size and cut them in the general shape of tank tops before drawing on them to check out what it would look like on a tank top. Totally cheating. But I didn't want to waste too much ink.

      Soon I'll make some full human sized Tees with them.

      Delete
    2. Ha I love it - Mini tanks!! You've got to make a full size one now dont you think?

      Delete
  6. Thanx for sharing my handpainted tees ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. They're fabulous. They are the sole reason I bought the fabric markers.
      Keep doing what you do. It has definitely inspired me!

      Delete
  7. Ooooh!!! Fabulous ~ what an amazing idea!!

    ReplyDelete