Thursday, April 5, 2012

365 Project - 3 months in!


Check it out! I made it three whole months into my 365 project!

I'm a little bit stoked that 3 months of my life can be turned into this. I've managed to pull all these photos in a pretty strict date order so I just spent a bit of time remembering each of the photos. In the midst of that I remembered what I did each day, what I chose to take photos of, what I chose not to take photos of and the original inspiration for each. I've never really been able to say with certainty that I can remember what I've done every day of the year until I looked at it all this way. It's pretty incredible.

If you've ever thought about making a 365 album you should. You really should. I'm not going to pretend that it's easy. I'm not going to pretend that I've remembered to take a photo every single day this year. But what I am going to tell you is that one little rule has changed the way I've been looking at the world this year. If you can't take a photo a day then you must take 7 photos that week to make up for the lost day. That's it. It's that simple.

So what's changed? I'm not neccessarily looking for something special that has happened that day. I'm not trying to make it exciting in any way. What I am doing is trying to find a snapshot. Something that encompasses what life held for me that day. Something that made it unique. I might find myself working the 9 to 5. I might feel like I'm stuck in a rut sometimes but in the midst of all that routine I'm recognising what that particular day of my life feels like. Maybe that day I'm lost in the monotony and so I take a photo of the train platform, or the escalators my feet stand on every day, or the train tracks zooming by. Maybe I'm feeling inspired and so I'll take a photo of some sketches or a landscape that moved me. But I guarantee no matter how small or insignificant the photos seem at the time they tell a story. My story. It changes the way I see my day and what I come into contact with on a daily basis. It changes the way I experience my daily life. And it changes me.

I'm really glad that I started this and actually stuck to it. So far I'm proud and most definitely inspired.

You're welcome to join me on the journey through Instagram I promise to make it all the way through the year! I couldn't stop if I tried now!


4 comments:

  1. Amazing work and so interesting that every pictures has a little story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! I've nominated you for a blog award. The post will be up at noon on Saturday at http://seamsustainable.blogspot.com. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete