Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sunrise Photoshoot



What did I do on my Sunday morning? Oh, you know, I just got up at 5am and drove to the beach for a sunrise photoshoot. You know how it is?


We approached Tamarama Beach just as the first light was tinging the sky so we  hurried down to the shoreline and got snapping. Well I got hula hooping and Boyfriend got snapping. I'm pretty impressed with how the photos turned out seeing as I thought it was much too dark to be taking photos (but what do I knew I'm just someone who sews!).


I love how epic this photo is. I was sitting quite awkwardly on a damp rock and Boyfriend had instructed me to write a story. So I wrote about how awkward and damp I felt. True story.



Did I mention how cold it was? I was in 3/4 sleeves and barefoot on wet sand. This is my excuse for looking so pink.


And then the sun came out for real just as we headed off on foot for Bondi Beach.

So the reason we went on this mad escapade at such ungodly hours on a Sunday is because Boyfriend is starting up his own photography blog. Each week we'll be going on excursions in search of things to take pictures of. If I'm clever I'll make sure I have a sewing project whipped up just in time so you can see what I've made through his lens. 

If you'd like to follow his adventures he'll be blogging over at joshuabenbrook.com. Take a look!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful photographs! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The landscapes are awesome. And that top still rocks.

    ReplyDelete