Friday, June 15, 2012

Black Peplum Top


Peplums. Peplums. Peplums. They're everywhere and I want one.

I decided to try and make a peplum top based on the Burdastyle Book Dress Pattern. I love the princess seams on the bodice and thought it would sit quite nicely with a little peplum on the bottom.


As it happens I measured it wrong and it doesn't quite fit me around the waist but it was such a nice looking top I thought I'd share it with you.


I'm not sure what the fabric is but it drapes beautifully and it has this nice sheen to it.

I'm usually pretty good with making a muslin but I kind of got excited to sew on my new machine so I decided to wing it.  Now I've learnt my lesson. Always make a muslin before cutting up your fabric!

Luckily for me it was only $10 a metre so on my next trip to the fabric store I'll get some more of this fabric and do a bit of a show and tell once it's done properly.

1 comment:

  1. This looks lovely! What a shame it doesn't fit around the waist. I'm terrible with muslins, must get into that habit now. Looking forward to seeing your fitting version!

    ReplyDelete