Sunday, September 23, 2012

Peachy Keen Top


Remember how I went fabric shopping with a list? Well here is the first project to come out of all that planning. It's based on this top I saw at Dotti. I love the vibrant colour and I'll be able to dress it up or down depending on where I wear it.


It was pretty easy to put together - just a square of fabric that's wide enough to fit over my hips. I cut a wide neckline with a bit of a scoop and faced it. The cuff was the hardest part because I overthought the whole thing and somehow managed to do a regular seam on one armhole and a french seam on the other. I couldn't replicate that madness again even if I tried. It kinda looks like the cuff is pulling in the below photo but it's just the way it was sitting in the photo.


It's lightweight and flows well and I think it will become a Spring/Summer staple. I've got the same fabric in a vibrant purple so I may make another. Altogether it came together in a couple of hours even after I sewed the cuff on wrong, unpicked it, sewed it on wrong again, unpicked it again and finally got it right. Huzzah!

Now I just have to decide what to finish next!


6 comments:

  1. Awesome, love the color! I am in the planning/testing stages of something very similar at the moment. Where is the fabric from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is from Lincraft, $15 a metre - I highly reccomend it. Although I'd do French seams because it frays like nobody's business.

      Delete
  2. Pretty pretty! Great color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, i like this, simple, classic- great sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You are zoo talented! I love your creations. I wish I have your skills in sewing. Amazing. I'll probably buy your creations.

    I saw your blog at Bloggers community. Let's keep in touch! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I love seeing the results of your experiment of shopping for fabric with a list. Looks like it's really paid off. Great shirt and looking forward to seeing how well your other projects turned out.

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete